Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Pastiche


How could I resist the prompt from Kerry on Wednesday's IGWRT? With Christmas looming, I collected five card designs I'd created over the years, put them together in one 'frame', then played with various computer options until, of a sudden, appeared this almost-not-quite 'Greetings' word in festive season red...

The top third reminds me of bookshelves, with volumes arranged by colour, where you will be able to add all the new books Santa Claus will put in your stocking on the twenty fifth.
 
The centre section depicts two, clear weather patterns - ice and snow to the left, rain and mist to the right.  I apologise for ignoring the fact that some parts of the world revel in sunshine at this time of the year, but many of us in the Northern Hemisphere are only gifted with these wintery options!

And the lower, third part? Well, greetings card to the left, and mulled red wine to the right! What more can I say? Have a good one, folks!

9 comments:

  1. How lovely, Jinksy! I love your interpretation of the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, fun! I like your choice of magnitude and focus and your intriguing interpretation. Season's Greetings to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brill piece of Art work.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jinksy. This is super. I can't do fun things like that, and am afraid to get programs that would let me, because I'd somehow manage to do less than I do already, which is almost nothing.
    I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing it with us. And all the best of the festive season to you.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Artful pastiche! Very nice, Happy Holidays Ms. Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever Jinksy - print it and use it for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your interpretation of the prompt!

    ReplyDelete