Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boys Will Be Boys

Accusation and Explanation

"You did that!"

"No, I didn't!" the little boy replied.

"Yes you did, I saw you. Don't go away and hide
behind the cupboard in the hall - I saw you scribble on that wall!"

"But I was only 'tending my arms were air'plane wings,
and I was looping lots of loops, and other swoopy things.
An' then I seemed to notice I'd got crayons in each hand
an' squiggly lines had happened. None of it was planned
to end up on Mum's kitchen wall...I just don't understand!"


Theme Thursday's word 'Accusations' set me off on this flight of fancy! Hehehe! Sorry for the levity, folks...

4 comments:

  1. Oh the poor dear! Maybe we should get him washables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son was actually amazingly good about not writing on walls. I did give him plenty of paper, but who knows the reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have a great writer in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this story and also how the crayons just appeared in his hands. It surely was magic and there was no other way it could have happened. An Artist is definitely hiding somewhere inside of him and is waiting to break out.

    Thanks for sharing such a cute story with us for this weeks Theme Thursday. The wee wittle ones here have a tendency to write on everything. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers seem to help a lot with the clean up. Hope you are having an artistic time this week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete